Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Hello!

Prayers do get answered! My mom has been praying lots for me to get fed while I have been out here on the mission, but with being in a young single adult ward you do not get fed very often. This week though with my mom's prayers and her feeding the missionaries back home, Sister Verdin and I were fed five times this week! It was like breaking History in the ward, but we weren't complaining =) This week we taught many lessons on Family History work and it was really neat to see that even the young adults that we teach see the blessings of family history work! This week we also started a 50-day Book of Mormon challenge with all the people we teach and the members. It has been really cool to dig deep and study the Book of Mormon with them. The Book of Mormon is the keystone to our religion so to have people we are teaching understand it is so great! Since I have been on the mission our mission president has put a HUGE urge on helping less actives come to church. Its what we spend a lot of our time doing. Just these past two weeks we have gone over the ward list many times to try and contact these people. The result of this through out the mission has been tremendous with many less active members coming back to church. Today president announced that we are switching our focus to convert baptisms and he wants us out there finding more. This is exciting and it will be cool to see the result of it! It looks like I will be hitting the streets more with lots of Street Contact =) it’s a good thing the weather is getting nicer! I really enjoy being a missionary and to be able to wear Jesus’ name on my heart everyday! Sometimes I think my tag has a blinking light bulb on it because everyone stares at it. People are not use to seeing the words Jesus Christ written on them because people do not include him in their lives anymore. I can testify and I have many times out here on the mission. With having a gospel centered home you can have a better life. For awhile I always wished I had a cool conversion story to tell people when I told them how I first knew about the church, but then one day a wise companion of mine named Sister Olson told me that I should be proud that I grew up in the church because my story is living proof that the gospel does bless families! It made me realize how much I have been given in this life. I am so thankful that my parents taught me how to live and that trying to follow the example of Jesus Christ is how I could one day return to live with my Heavenly Father! Time goes by too quickly as I approach my eight month mark this Sunday. That’s why we should always live to our full potential! I love you all bunches.

Love,


Sister Dick

No comments :

Post a Comment