Monday, April 21, 2014

Hey!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter weekend. This week was really great because we got to hear and share so many messages about our Savior Jesus Christ, which is always so great. This week went by so fast it’s a blur its just one of those weeks I have to sit back and even remember what I did. I know that the weather is getting nicer which means people are coming out of hibernation and that means we get the chance to speak to more people! I have been sick for three weeks with a cold and this week I came down with a sinus infection. It’s no fun but it’s clearing its self up! This week I went on splits with the Gatineau sisters and Sister Verdin stayed her and I went to Quebec. It was really good and it was neat to see that I could understand so much more French. I have been praying lots for the gift of tongues lately even though I’m not even in a French area and I know that my prayers had been answered because I could see the difference from this time and last time. They had a ward sports activity that we went to with people they teach and I never knew it would be so hard to play sports in a language you didn’t know so well. I finally just started waving my arms instead of getting their attention with my broken French. It was a lot of fun and I enjoyed my time there. Church was awesome as always and I loved all the talks on Jesus Christ. It really helped me get a better perspective of what he really went through. I know we will never be able to fully understand all the things that he went through but even trying to see a bit of the things people did to him helps me to gain more and more love for him. The senior couple in our branch invited the missionaries in the ward to eat at their place on Easter because with young single adults we don’t get fed very easy. It was a really good meal and it was a good way to celebrate Easter! Today I had to take Sister Verdin to see Parliament so she could experience the coolness of Ottawa Canada’s capital. It was really cool even the third time I have been because this time we took the tour in French. The people probably thought we were crazy because two of the missionaries were Asian, one Mexican, one Jamaican, one Haitian, one British all going through the French session it was a great conversation starter about the church for the people wondering why we could all speak different languages.
Well this is it for this week. Have a great one!
Love,


Sister Dick

No comments :

Post a Comment