Tuesday, February 3, 2015

February 2, 2015

Hello!

Woof what a week I didn't think I was going to make it here to right this email. I have never felt so cold and I have almost lived here for 18 months. The wind has not stopped blowing in this -30 degree weather. My eyelashes and hair have a new favorite color of white and my face no longer needs blush because it’s a permanent red now! As I touched the door to open it my hand got stuck to the door it was so cold! This week was amazing though I feel like we had so many miracles and so many of them had to do with following the spirit! For starters we went on splits with my MTC companion so for a day we got the chance to be companions again. IT was so fun to talk about all the amazing times we have had in these months on the mission. During that day we were on FB talking to less actives a photo came up of a less active and I had a spiritual feeling telling me to text him and try to meet with him. I got to text him and actually set up an appointment with him the next day. Well the miracle is that when my companion got home she said she had a spiritual feeling as they visited a member in the sisters member to ask for a referral and they said they had been praying for someone to help there son and well.. it ended up being the same person! Companion unity =) 
The next split we went on this week went super well and again on the metro I had a spiritual feeling to talk to this girl who had paint all over her. She wasn't the closest person to me so I yelled across the metro asking her if she was an artist but instead of answering back to that random question she said I use to be preparing to be a missionary. I went over and sat by her and she is a member from the ward that my current companion served in for 13 months. She is less active now because of different opinions of the church but she was super happy to talk to us and it turns out my companion has been looking for her since she got to Montréal. On this awesome split we went to a Haitians mans house and he gave me the biggest tower of Haitian food the member and the sister I was with was laughing so hard but some how I was able to finish this thing! This was one of my favorite splits I have been on you could just see the difference you made in them they even texted us after the split thanking us for making a difference and that they couldn't stop contacting people and because of that they contacted a less active that we have been looking for but wasn't able to find. He just moved back from Québec and he has been in the hospital with cancer. He had been praying to find the missionaries again. 
Well the biggest miracle of this week was Carlos our mission leaders parents got baptized!!! I taught them in Laval my last area and they are so so special to me. Carlos was able to baptize them and the spirit was so strong to see a family becoming closer to be together forever! That is really my favorite thing on my mission seeing people change. Finding the truth and doing anything to change for it. 
We had our leadership meeting this week with president and he shared this with us. 

41 And he was withdrawn from them about a stone’s cast, and kneeled down, and prayed,
 42 Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.
 43 And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him.

He asked us if we were that angel what would you say to Jesus to comfort him. For me I would show him a picture of so many of the people he was atoning for to help him get through this! He did accomplish the atonement and I’m so so thankful for it. I love my Savior and I’m so thankful to represent him =)

Je vous aime!
-Soeur Dick



No comments :

Post a Comment