Monday, February 9, 2015

February 9, 2015

Freezing février =)

We are getting through our splits Like ONE.. TWO.. THREE. Usually one split wears you out but three really wears you out. Our first split this week though was really special. I got the chance to go back to my last area for the last time with my last companion =) it was so special to see some people for the last time. That area continues to grow and my last companion is doing so amazing there. I got to teach Ofelia and Pepe the couple that just got baptized last Saturday there and they told us how they felt after receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost. They named of many of wonderful things and couldn't stop smiling as they explained it. It has been such an amazing experience to see them grow in the gospel. They told us that they remember telling their son after he first met the missionaries that it was nice that he liked the church but that they would never join. They are now very thankful that he never gave up on them. 
I also got the chance to go to the highest area in our zone this week. I always love going to that area because it’s so gorgeous and different from the city. I have also seen this area really grow when I first came to the Montréal area. It was part of the area I was in and now they have 4 missionaries up there and its turned into a really successful branch. 
I really feel like our mission has been getting better at working with members lately the stakes have come out with papers we can give to members to have them right out there plan for missionary work and it helps them progress their missionary work. We have also seen a lot of miracles with it in our branch. 
This Sunday was a really powerful Sunday and it was perfect for our two less actives that we have been working with for a little bit and haven’t been to church in years! Our ward mission leader gave a really great talk on the atonement and missionary work. I know he is going to motivate this branch to do wonderful things through his example! I am so thankful to serve in such a wonderful branch. It’s not the easiest one in the mission but its very rewarding to see the progress in it. 

I love you all!
-Soeur Dick


No comments :

Post a Comment