Sunday, June 22, 2014

Happy Father's Day!!

Hello!

I hope that everyone had a fabulous Fathers Day! I know I wouldn’t be anywhere with out my daddy. He has helped me be the person I am today. I am also very thankful for my Father in Heaven because he has helped me in so many ways. How is everyone enjoying their summer?? It’s been really rainy here sometimes I think we are going to get washed away! We were lucky to have yesterday and today as really gorgeous days though. Missions are the best and you will hear that from 99.9% of the people who went on them, but with most things in life they come with their struggles as well. This week would be one of them. As I have mentioned many times summer in a young single adult ward can be difficult at times. It’s difficult because there is no one here. Campuses are pretty empty as well as our congregation because most members have left. This week has been a struggle to find people and when we find people we pass them off to the family wards. On nice sunny days its hard to get people to want to come to church for three hours. I knew this time would come and I have been very blessed to be in the ward and have so much success. Its a good lesson that not all times are the best and to really enjoy the good times.
  Some Miracles that happen this week is that an older Philippian man who the sisters we live with have been teaching for more then a year now got baptized Saturday! it was so cool because I have been here for a long time and they taught him every week. He wouldn’t always be progressing very much, but they never gave up on him. They said every time they taught him he would look better and better his appearance would seem better and his attitude. All the Sisters who have taught him are still in the mission including Sister Houde my trainer. They got to call them all and tell them the great news. It helps you know that you never now the right time when someone will be ready, but being consistent and always sharing the gospel can help them prepare for that day. He was smiling from ear to ear on Saturday and when I asked him how he felt he said "better…. much better"
   Another miracle is Caleb; he is our recent convert who got baptized in March. I have seen him grow so much in the past few months it’s amazing. He is so mission motivated! He is out teaching with the missionaries everyday! He always calls to make sure certain people are doing good and texts them and asks them why they weren't at church and that they were missed. He makes our job so much easier through his efforts. He has come to find the joy in missionary work that everyone should experience.
 The last big miracle this week was that we finished our Book of Mormon 50 day challenge!! Wow it was so amazing. This was the first time I read the Book of Mormon with real intent pondering the things it said and trying to apply them in my life. Never have I been able to feel the spirit so strong and to really imagine the things the people were going through in the Book of Mormon. I put Moroni’s challenge to the test through out the whole time reading it and I knew through out it all that it was true, but at the end I really prayed to know and in companionship study that day I was explaining what I had read and baring my testimony about it in French and the spirit was so strong I started crying because I knew it was true I just wanted to kiss the book and never let it go. It was cool to feel this when i was speaking French because so many times when French words roll off my tongue they sound and feel weird to me. I love the Book of Mormon so much and I hope that you can take advantage of it!
 This Saturday is transfer calls so I will see who my new companion is and if I am going anywhere or staying for my 7 transfers! I hope you all have a great week. Lots of love from Canada!

-Sister Dick

No comments :

Post a Comment