Thursday, June 26, 2014

Transfer Day!!??!!

Hello!

Wow what a week it has been. We started of this week with going to one of Ottawa’s biggest Museums on Preparation day. This museum captures to whole experience of Canada. They even have one whole section on the snow of Canada. It was really great and I learned a lot about the country I am serving in. Sister Verdin taught us how to make homemade burritos. She made me make my first tortilla and it looked like a flying squirrel and the rule was when you make it you have to eat it. Luckily it tasted a lot better then it looked! On Wednesday we all mourned Sister Verdin and Sister Mays last district meeting by wearing all black. I have now watched four Sisters leave the mission and its funny how they all take it differently. At random times Sister May and Sister Verdin will yell out O NOOO I’m dying!! My mission is over!! They will forget about it for a couple hours and then repeat the same thing over again! On Saturday we got to go to a baptism from our ward and one of our Investigators was able to attend it with us. He really enjoyed the baptism and got to meet lots of members. Transfer calls were on Saturday as well so we ordered pizza and sat around our table nervously eating it waiting for the call. They told my companion that she would be transferred home!!! Then they said Sister Dick.... you will be... going.... to Laval with Sister Alvarez! I was so shocked after nine months I am leaving my first area. Laval is an Island Next to the island of Montreal. It is French speaking ahhhhh and a family ward! I already know Sister Alvarez because I came in with her from the MTC. She is super awesome and Columbian so I can keep my Spanish up =) She grew up in Canada and is even child hood friends with some of the people I met in this ward. My heart breaks to be leaving this area because I love this place so much, but I know this is where Heavenly Father wants me to be and I will go where he wants me to go. It was really hard to give my leaving testimony yesterday and church and know it was my last time going there. This place has shaped me into the person that I am now and more of the person that Heavenly Father wants me to be. I will be forever grateful for the memories that I have from here and Ottawa will always have a piece of my heart. I love you all tons and I hope you all have a fantastic week much love!
-Sister Dick


No comments :

Post a Comment