Thursday, January 8, 2015

Salut ma famille!

Joyeux année I hope you all had a great jump into the New Year. That’s what I did my Danish companion tried to get me to incorporate her Danish tradition with literally jumping into the New Year. I wasn't the happiest person when she was literally jumping on me at 12 in the morning. 
This past P-day some sisters and us were able to go and visit a Sikh temple from India here. There is so much culture and is so fun to be able to visit some of it. We got a personal tour from a young girl around our age. We got to talk about their beliefs and a lot about ours we told her that she had to come to our church and we will give her a tour of it! 
This week I got to go on splits with sisters that live the farthest away in our zone. It’s a really cool area because it’s more in the mountains well what they call mountains and we call hills. A YSA girl lives up there and she was able to come with us most of the day to teach with us it was a really fun day. 
Lots of sisters are getting sick with this cold weather so we had to go on a couple of exchanges with them this week. The weather has been crazy this week it has been raining freezing ice, which makes everything a huge skating rink! My companion and I just hold on to each other and glide across the sidewalks only falling on top of each other a few times! It got so bad on Sunday that they actually cancelled our church.
We have been able to find some new investigators this week, which is really cool, and we have been helping our investigator prepare for his baptism this Saturday! 
This week as I was reading in the Book of Mormon I came across this passaged that touched me and I would love to share it with you!

16 And also, ye yourselves will succor those that stand in need of your succor; ye will administer of your substance unto him that standeth in need; and ye will not suffer that the beggar putteth up his petition to you in vain, and turn him out to perish.
 17 Perhaps thou shalt say: The man has brought upon himself his misery; therefore I will stay my hand, and will not give unto him of my food, nor impart unto him of my substance that he may not suffer, for his punishments are just—
 18 But I say unto you, O man, whosoever doeth this the same hath great cause to repent; and except he repenteth of that which he hath done he perisheth forever, and hath no interest in the kingdom of God.
 19 For behold, are we not all beggars? Do we not all depend upon the same Being, even God, for all the substance which we have, for both food and raiment, and for gold, and for silver, and for all the riches which we have of every kind?

This also reminded me of the talk that Jeffery R. Holland gave https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2014/10/are-we-not-all-beggars?lang=eng
We can always serve people and give people the best we can! It easy to judge people and think that they deserve the situation they are in, but "are we not all beggars" This week we saw a girl struggling to get up the metro stairs with a suitcase and tons of groceries. We hurried over to here and help her get up the stairs and insisted to help her get to her house. I have never heard anyone say thank you so much! We trucked her luggage to her house in the blizzard and my companion gave her the gloves she was wearing because here hands were bright red. I will never forget that experience and the feelings I received from it. I know we can always look out for service opportunities to help our brothers and sisters! I love you all tons 
Love,

Soeur Dick

No comments :

Post a Comment