Friday, August 29, 2014

August 18, 2014

Hola!!  

Well here it is my last moments of being a teenager! My teenage years have done me well and I cannot be more thankful for the opportunity to spend my birthday here serving the lord!!
  This week it just poured every day and felt like fall. I’m not ready for the cold weather already so hopefully Mother Nature changes her mind! This week we had some really great lessons. Our Spanish lessons are getting better and better and the members are so helpful coming with us to teach! One of my favorite lessons this week and probably my mission was when we were teaching this family from Peru whose son just recently got baptized in the YSA here. There family is so spiritual and the spirit is always strong, but as my amazing companion testified of the plan of salvation and that families can be together again forever I felt like my heart was going to give out the spirit was so strong. The wife told us as she looked down of our diagram of the plan of salvation that she knows what we just taught her is true because a few years back she had a bad accident and she says she had an out of body experience where she could see her body and she says she knows that we have a spirit and that after we die we go to the spirit world. Her testimony was so powerful and helped me strengthen my testimony of the wonderful plan heavenly father has given us! 
 Me and my companion have been trying to ask everyone for baptism dates to help them better work towards that covenant with heavenly father and this week we have had many miracles and were able to have seven people with baptism dates. Its so wonderful to see people earnestly seeking to follow Jesus Christ and be baptized! 
 This week I was reading a talk by Dieter F. Uchtdorf called waiting on the road to Damascus and I read something that I loved and I want to share it.

"Often, the answer to our prayer does not come while we’re on our knees but while we’re on our feet serving the Lord and serving those around us. Selfless acts of service and consecration refine our spirits, remove the scales from our spiritual eyes, and open the windows of heaven. By becoming the answer to someone’s prayer, we often find the answer to our own."
Go out and serve!! 
I love you all so much


-Hermana Dick

No comments :

Post a Comment