Tuesday, August 5, 2014

BONJOUR!



Wow what a week packed full of way to much adventure for a normal missionary’s life. For our preparation last Monday we went to old Montreal to see all the beautiful sights down there. It was beautiful for sure for what we could see through the blasting rain. There is so much history down there and I felt like I was in a different country.
  A really cool miracle that has been happening for a bit really unfolded this week! This past winter when my companion was on splits with the young single adult sister training leaders in Montréal she contacted a young guy who ended up getting baptized well it happened that after he got baptized he invited his friend to come to church and he ended up getting baptized!! His friends name is Carlos and he is one amazing person he has only been baptized for 2 months, but you would of thought he was already a return missionary. His spirit is so strong and his conversion story of being high on drugs everyday to a Mormon is amazing. His parents have seen this change in him and so his dad a couple weeks ago decided to come to our chapel to check out this place that his son has been so transformed. We were able to set up a meeting with him this past week and we met with him and his wife with their son Carlos. The spirit was so strong and Carlos was able to bear such a great testimony to his parents you could see it touching their hearts. This gave me a lot of hope for all the people that I have taught whose parents were really against it that one day their hearts will be soften and they can one day receive the blessings that their children are receiving.
 For the craziest part of the week the story goes as following! A member had us painting her house and there was a lot of random objects around the house that the spirit kept telling me that it was just really hazard to be around it all. I guess we all have to learn to listen more. Well as my companion was climbing of the ladder she lost her balance a bit and as she stepped back to help her balance a big sheet of glass was there and it broke all over the back of her leg. I could tell by her facial expression that it was No es bueno, as I looked back at her leg it was cut open pretty bad. We tried to clean it up as best as possible, but the environment was not very comfortable, so we left. Unfortunately lots of people made some bad judgment calls so we decided not to go to the hospital and since I’m teaching her to be a tough cowgirl she just toughen up and we went on to teach the rest of our lessons that day. The next day we decided it still wasn't getting better so at 10 pm we ended up going to the hospital in Montréal. Well Canada hospitals are a little different so we had to wait hours to be seen and all the doctor did was ask how long it had been and with it being 24 hours he couldn't put stitches in it so after all that we went home at 2 in the morning for me to play doctor and super glue my companions leg together! It was quite the adventure that I will not forget. 
  The next morning was zone conference and with having little sleep we looked a little like zombies luckily it did not hurt how well I could feel the spirit. This zone conference was so amazing and I know Heavenly Father was doing it to pump the mission up for these amazing missionaries coming in the field. We got transfer calls on Saturday and..... I am TRAINING!!! I am so excited to train a missionary and be able to help kick start this amazing missionary. I am scared as well with training in a Spanish/French area in which I have only been here for 5 1/2 weeks, but I know Heavenly Father knows me lots better then I know my self. I also have been eating lots of Spanish food so that I can hopefully reproduce a Spanish baby that can help me with my Spanish =) we will see on Wednesday who she is. Sister Alvarez is going to the island of Montreal English speaking, back with the missionary who trained her when she got on the mission. She will also be a sister training leader. I am going to miss her so much it’s only been a few weeks together, but it’s amazing how close you come to your companions here. I know we will continue to bless each other’s life in the future! I love you all so much and I hope you have a great week.

Love,

Mama Dick

No comments :

Post a Comment