Monday, October 20, 2014

October 20, 2014

MI Familia!

Well this week has felt like I entered a marathon. We dont have very many miles we can drive on our car so we put on our good ole trusty Sister missionary shoes and hit the side walks. Walking has a lot of good advantages you get to contact lots more people and hear their stories of this one time they saw missionaries, you dont feel as bad for eating all the Halloween candy your family sent you in one seating, and when you drop your pillow on your head you dont hear another thing until two minutes later when the alarm goes off to wake you up to do it all over again. 
 This week we got to go on splits with the Sister training leaders in Montreal. I went to Montreal for the day in the young single adult ward and my companion stayed here to run the area. It was a lot of fun, but weird going back to ysa for a day. I have gotten use to the family routine now teaching older people and families i have lost my vocabulary about university all my words are now how are the grandkids? When we came back to split back it looked like my companion was going to roll down the stairs some how they managed to accidentally have 3 spanish dinner appointments in a row. They both looked like they were going to die haha. 
We are now teaching an english class for all those who want to teach, but because we teach so many spanish people it has almost turned into a french class. Never did I think I would be teaching a french class in spanish! Pleassse someone still needs to teach me french let alone spanish! They seem to understand though and it has been fun helping them to learn french more so that they can get more out of church because it is in french. 
We were suppose to have a baptism this saturday, but unfortunately the girls dad has decided to not let her be baptized for now. I hope his heart can be soften so that he will allow his daughter to make this promise with her heavenly father. I know through our teachings to him he can be touched. 
These past few weeks we have really been working with members to help them see the wonderful blessings of fasting! The stake has seen a decrease of fasting and wants to build our stake up. A lot of people forget that it is a commandment and when we obey commandments we are entitled to have blessings from our heavenly father! I love this scripture about fasting omni 1: 26 And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should comeunto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved.

When we shared this with a member he told us of a women in our ward who fasted and prayed every single sunday that her son would return to the church and after 10 years he came back and is now married in the temple and a leader in our ward. I know miracles can happen with this wonderful gift and when we pay our fast offerings we are helping Gods children. This gives us a way to be more like our saviour jesus christ! I love you all so much and i hope you have a great week. Much love from Canada.
-Soeur Dick

No comments :

Post a Comment